Thursday, April 16, 2009

The beauty of Dark Funeral.

I purchased an album by them a while ago, but never really took the time to listen to it. The album, The Secrets of the Black Arts by Dark Funeral, is so incredible that I've recently kicked myself in the face for not listening to it. The main hit on the album, "Shadows over Transylvania", is one of the most completed black metal songs I've heard in quite a while. The drums aren't overpowering with sole double bass, and speaking of, I can actually hear the bass, and the guitars slow down every once in a while to let the other instruments shine. It's wonderful.

The vocals are incredible. When I listen to this song and close my eyes, it's as if I'm watching a movie, and the vocalist is the narrator. It's that good. But don't worry, "Shadows over Transylvania" isn't the only good song on the album. Every song is tailored to fit with the mood that the album promotes, but "Shadows" does the best job.

If you've never heard this album, and you like black metal bands like Immortal, old Bathory and Emperor, you would love this. This album is a work of art, my friends, and you can get it for only 99 cents at www.legalsounds.com. Just thought I'd let you all know what music thing I use. It's like itunes, but, it's not crazy expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment